The Exercise Science major, HESA, prepares students for a focused area of study in the applied sciences. The academic program concentrates on basic and applied physiology (at introductory and advanced levels), anatomy and kinesiology, biomechanics and nutrition and metabolism. Graduates of this program have successfully completed graduate programs in medicine, allied health ( e.g. physical and occupational therapy, nutrition, etc.,) and research. Many students have also entered the strength and conditioning profession through this major, and are working as either personal trainers or strength and conditioning coaches. The Kinesiology and Health Sciences department is a recognized educational program for the study of strength and conditioning by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
For a full listing of requirements in the program, please view the Kinesiology and Health Sciences undergraduate bulletin.
Introducing our new Health and Wellness Minor – for details click the button below:
The Physical Education major, HEST, is not currently accepting applications at this time.
- Students who have matriculated in health and exercise science must complete their major required courses
within the Health and Exercise Science Department at The College of New Jersey.
- The department will not accept a “D” grade in any health and exercise science subject required in the major programs from a transfer student.
- In agreement with the college policy, a combination of transfer credits and credit by examination may not exceed eighty-three credits; however, the Health and Exercise Science Department reserves the right to specify certain courses which must be taken at The College of New Jersey before the student will be permitted to enroll.
- The department maintains the right and the responsibility to dismiss students from the major who have not made satisfactory progress completing the major component of the program and/or fulfilling department requirements.
- MAT: Master of Arts in Teaching in Health and Physical Education – Program not accepting applications at this time.